What is TEDWomen?
On December 7 and 8, 2010, TEDWomen will gather five hundred global thought leaders, innovators and storytellers in Washington, DC, to watch enlightening speakers and connect with a global community of women and men. The cross-disciplinary, cross-generational program will focus on how women think and work, communicate and collaborate, learn and lead. The program will explore what this means and why it matters to all of us.
TEDx and TEDWomen
The vision for TEDWomen is unlike any other “Women” conference. One of our key objectives is to hear from female voices around the globe, and on every continent. You, the TEDx community, are essential to achieving these goals.
TEDWomen will be streamed live on TED.com. The stream will be offered free to TEDx organizers who sign up to host a viewing party. The stream must also be offered free to attendees.
A key part of the TEDWomen conference is hearing from women in communities around the world, and that is where we need your help.
So why should your library host a viewing part?
1. Cost – There is no cost.
2. Speakers – When else will you have an opportunity to have so many great speakers in your library for free?
3. Diversity – speakers include teens and adults, urban and rural, topics include health, finance, communities and more
4. Travel – Staff and attendees get to attend a global event.
5. Experience – TED events are an amazing experience.
6. Easy – It’s practically planned for you thanks to all the great resources and suggestions from TED
Thank you to Denise for making me aware of this!