It’s hard to believe but Round 6 of Library Day in the Life Project will run January 24th through the 30th.
What is the Library Day in the Life Project? It started when I come discovered someone had searched “What’s a librarian’s day like” to find my blog so I wrote a blog post suggesting that we blog what we do all day at work. Then we (and maybe patrons) could see what we do all day. Some people blogged a day, others like me blogged a week. I did a week because I felt like I have no average day so a week would better represent what I do.
If you are wondering why you should participate Meredith Farkas offers an excellent explanation of why she did. The Project has turned into a great resource for students, instructors, staff and patrons.
How do you participate?
- Go to the wiki
- Create a PB Wiki (pbworks?) account (it’s free)!
- Add your name, your job title (so we can see what you do at a glance) and a link to your blog. Ater you’ve documented your day or week go back to the wiki and add a direct link it
- On the 24th start recording your day or week.
- Bloggers, Flickr & YouTube users tag your posts with librarydayinthelife. Twitters use the #libday6
- Add your Flickr photos or videos to the Group on Flickr and/or join the Facebook Page.
- Library Day in the Life Round 7 Will Run July 25th through the 31st #libday7
- Round 5 of Library Day in the Life!
- Sign Up For Library Day in the Life Round 8! #libday8