I love Evernote, I’ve even written about it before, but I’ll be the first to admit I’m not using it to it’s full potential. I primarily use Evernote to take clips notes from my browser.
By highlighting a section of a blog post or article online I can “clip” it and save it into Evernote. Evernote allows you to organize your clippings by folder but also tag them with key words making it easy to find that quote or statistic later. I still use Delicious for bookmarking (more on that later) but I prefer Evernote for online note-taking.
I also use it to clip things people have written about me online. Mostly nice stuff (because some days you just need the warm-fuzzies) and interesting stuff too like that time that Facebook used one of my blog posts in their smear campaign against Google.
As I said I don’t use Evernote to its fullest so I have included this video and some recommended reading if you want to explore its potential.
- 5 ways to make life easier with Evernote
- 10 Tips to Use Evernote to it’s fullest
- How to Use Evernote: 22 Ways
- How I Use Evernote to Organize Everything
Previous Tips & Tools
Stay tuned for Tips & Tricks six!
Help keep this site ad free – donate
- Using Evernote to Track Online Reputation
- Be the Master of Your Domain, How to Conquer Your Feed Reader
- How to Monitor Your Personal Brand (For Free)