I am delighted to endorse my friend and colleague Courtney Young for ALA president. I have had the honor to serve on Council with Courtney and observe her tireless work in support of all libraries and library staff. I have watched her demonstrate leadership not just in an official capacity through such efforts as service on the Executive Board and as President of the New Members Round Table, but in her individual and personal interactions. Courtney is a fountain of knowledge and she never tires of answering questions (even when I am sure it is for the 100th time) and helping out her fellow librarians. Courtney has managed to stay ahead of the curve on new issues facing libraries while keeping grounded in our traditional services. Courtney’s background has provided her with a clear understanding of financial issues, the challenges facing ALA and libraries, and what it takes to get things done in ALA. The breadth and depth of her experience, her continual focus on diversity, outreach, and community engagement combined with her poise, patience, and professionalism make her the ideal ALA president.
Learn more about Courtney
- ALA presidential candidates bio
- ACRL’s Meet the Candidates
- NMRT Interview
- Andromeda Yelton’s endorsement
- Michael Golrick’s endorsement
- ALA Election 2013: ALA Presidential Candidates – candidate interviews on the Circulating Ideas podcast
About the ALA 2013 Election Process
- Voting in the 2013 ALA election will begin at 9:00 a.m. Central Time (US) on March 19, 2013. Ballots close at 11:59 p.m. on April 26, 2013
- Eligible members are sent their voting credentials via email in mid-March. Any individuals whose emails bounce will be sent a “snail-mail” letter with their voting credentials.
- To be eligible to vote, individuals must be members in good standing as of January 31, 2013
- Election Guide 2013 (PDF) or Election Guide 2013 (flipbook)