Watch the video, you really need to see the examples.
My Anti-Creativity Checklist from Youngme Moon on Vimeo.
From the Video
- Play it Safe.
- Know your limitations.
- Remind yourself it’s just a job.
- Show you’re the smartest guy in the room.
- Be the tough guy.
- Respect history.
- Stop the madness before it can start. Crush early-stage ideas with your business savvy.
- Use experience as a weapon.
- Keep your eyes closed. Your mind too.
- Assume there is no problem
- Underestimate your customers
- Be a mentor. Give sound advice to the people who work for you.
- Be suspicious of creatives /liberal arts majors /poets /anthropologists /wackos in your organization
- When all else fails, act like a grown up.
15. Never admit you are wrong
16. Be an island unto yourself, don’t ask for help.
What would you add?
6 thoughts on “Checklist for Preventing Innovation – What Would You Add?”
Remain steeped on your past successes.
Avoid failure. (I suppose this very similar to #15.)
17. Always take credit.
Margaret – great one!
I’m borrowing this from some places, else:
Think negative thoughts by surrounding oneself with others who also think negative.
Nothing else to add, except thanks for the link!
11. Underestimate your customers…. and your staff