Influential Marketing has a post with some useful stats from the Sysomos report on Twitter. I wonder why Tuesday is the most active day. hmmm. There is more information on the orginal post and you download the full report if you’re inclined
- 21% (One Fifth) of Twitter accounts are empty placeholders.
- Nearly 94% of all Twitter accounts have less than 100 followers.
- March and April of 2009 were the tipping point for Twitter.
- 150 followers is the magic number.
- A small minority creates most of the activity
- Half of all Twitter users are not “active.”
- Tuesday is the most active Twitter day.
- APIs have been the key to Twitter’s growth & utility.
- English still dominates Twitter.
- Twitter is being led by the social media geeks.
- Bonus Geographical Stat/Quote: The cities with the biggest Twitter populations are New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, San Francisco, and Boston. Los Angeles is the fastest growing city on the list.”
5 thoughts on “Some interesting and useful Twitter Stats”
These stats are really not all that surprising to me. I mean, the biggest Twitter users live in the most populous cities…
Twitter is also important for news junkies who live in small towns and rural areas.
i just love Twittering compared to blogging. i was a blog addict and now i am a Twitter addict.
Twitter is some ways is much better than blogging. I love to Twitter my everyday activities on my friends and relatives.