MaintainIT cookbooks are a great (free) resource! “Planning for Success, a guide for the overworked librarian” one covers:
- Planning and Decision Making covers the ins and outs of creating a technology plan that ties to your strategic priorities and goals.
- Communication and Partnerships delves in the fundamentals of day-to-day technology communication from a “techie” and “non-techie” perspective. It also includes some important guidelines for working and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Buying and Deploying Technology goes through some of the core actions and decisions you need to consider when planning deployments, installations, and upgrades.
- Maintaining and Sustaining Technology offers important insight into the daily management of public computers.
- Networking and Security covers some of the basic standards and practices for ensuring your library’s network security.
- Innovation highlights the true value of today’s libraries and the role in serving as the center of new community conversations via a much higher level of user interactivity and experiences. If you are ready for Web 2.0, this is a good place to start.
You can find the new Cookbook here: http://www.maintainitproject.org/cookbooks/planning-for-success
Categories: Free Tools