On Sunday I hosted a session on Mindfulness at ALA MidWinter for the ALA Allied Professional Association. This was an interactive session with the audience who shared their practices and recommendations. Many great resources were shared beyond what is included in my slides and the session was not recorded so hopefully, some will share their recommendations in the comments.
For what is worth here is a link to the PDF of my slides
- Conahan, M. (2018, December 13). Mindfulness in Libraries e-Learning Course.
- Dam, N. T. V. (2019, December 10). We don’t yet fully understand what mindfulness is, but this is what it’s not.
- Goyal, M., et. al. (2014). Meditation Programs for Psychological Stress and Well-being: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. JAMA Internal Medicine, 174(3), 357–368.
- Mindfulness Matters. (2018, December 7).
- Nhất, H. (2015). The miracle of mindfulness: The classic guide by the world’s most revered master
- Ruhlmann, E. (2018, June 4). Mindful Librarianship: Awareness of each moment helps librarians stay serene under stress.
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health
- Mindfulness for Librarians Facebook Group
- Libraries are Champions of Healthy Communities Facebook Group
- Call for Submissions – MIND-FULL: Radical Vulnerability & Mindfulness in Action
- Wellness in the Library Workplace