I am so excited to announce that Protecting Patron Privacy: LITA Guide edited by me and Bonnie Tijerina is out!
Description: Although privacy is one of the core tenets of librarianship, technology changes have made it increasingly difficult for libraries to ensure the privacy of their patrons in the 21st-century library. This authoritative LITA Guide offers readers guidance on a wide range of topics, including
- Foundations of privacy in libraries
- Data collection, retention, use, and protection
- Laws and regulations
- Privacy instruction for patrons and staff
- Contracts with third parties
- Use of in-house and internet tools including social network sites, surveillance video, and RFID
This was a long time in the making! I want to thank our contributors for their time and patience with the publishing process.
- Michael Zimmer
- Deborah Caldwell-Stone
- Matt Beckstrom
- Andrew Asher
- Bill Marden
- Melissa Morrone
- Martha Lerski and Stefanie Havelka
- Julie Oborny
and of course my co-editor Bonnie! I had no idea what I was getting into when I signed up to edit this book. I learned a lot!