Libraries in a Transliterate, Technology Fluent World http://static.slidesharecdn.com/swf/ssplayer2.swf?doc=transliteracyinternetlibrarianslideshare-101020065252-phpapp01&rel=0&stripped_title=libraries-in-a-transliterate-technology-fluent-world&userName=librarianbyday
View more presentations from Bobbi Newman.
Resources and Suggested Links:
- Teaching Media Literacy in the ESL Classroom
- Why Broadband Service in the U.S. Is So Awful, Scientific American, October 4th 2010
- Transliteracy as a Blueberry Smoothie
- Don’t Touch That Dial! A history of media technology scares, from the printing press to Facebook
- Escaping the Echo Chamber – presentation
- Confronting the Challenges of Participatory Culture: Media Education for the 21st Century
- Living in the future
- Defining Transliteracy for Librarians
- FCC’s Broadband Action Agenda Fails to Address Training and Education
- Empowering Library Users to Work with Digital Media
- Librarians Play a Vital Role in 21st Century Literacies
- Transliterate Divide – Working Definition
- Knight Commission on the Information Needs of Communities in a Democracy Warns of “Second Class Citizens” in the Digital Age
- Libraries Need to Focus on Transliteracy
4 thoughts on “Libraries in a Transliterate, Technology Fluent World #intlib10”
Thank you for sharing. Great slides!
You’re very welcome!
I absolutely love that Douglas Adams quote, not seen that before. Great slides!