After using my Netbook as an ereader I’ve discovered I need a dedicated device, I can be easily distracted and its hard to lay on your back and read from the Netbook. I’ve decided on the Kindle. Here is why.
- Dedicated device
- Limited-time promotional free selections – right now I have 44 books, I paid for 4 of them.
- Highlights and notes: Amazon keeps your highlights online at kindle.amazon.com. I can copy and paste these to Google docs or Evernote, which makes them searchable.
- Easy to use
- Syncing across devices. I have an app on my Evo and love it!
- Full keyboard for notes
- Use when I’m speaking (read this post Why speakers should take a second look at the new Kindle)
- I can still use my netbook for library books.
Please note these are the things that are important to me, based on how I will use the device. You may have different priorities than me.
If I had one wish it would be that the Kindle would handle pdf files better and allow highlighting of them. I read so many reports I’d really love to be able to read them on the device.
- How I Got Over My Issues and Learned to Love eBooks
- Why I Love Kindle Desktop for eBooks
- Choosing a Reader for eBooks