I had the honor of being Michael Sauers guest on his NCompass Live Tech Talk series. I did a brief overview of transliteracy and its importance to libraries. The session was recorded and will be up after some editing, in the meantime here are my slides and some links.
Why Transliteracy? An Introduction for Librarianshttp://static.slidesharecdn.com/swf/ssplayer2.swf?doc=whytransliteracyslideshow-100727180017-phpapp02&rel=0&stripped_title=why-transliteracy-an-introduction-for-librariansView more presentations from Bobbi Newman.
- Transliteracy as a Blueberry Smoothie
- Escaping the Echo Chamber – presentation
- Defining Transliteracy for Librarians
- FCC’s Broadband Action Agenda Fails to Address Training and Education
- Empowering Library Users to Work with Digital Media
- Librarians Play a Vital Role in 21st Century Literacies
- Transliterate Divide – Working Definition
- Knight Commission on the Information Needs of Communities in a Democracy Warns of “Second Class Citizens” in the Digital Age
- Libraries Need to Focus on Transliteracy
- Mobile Phones Are Not The Key to Bridging the Digital Divide
- Yes You Do Have The Time to Learn That New Fangled Internet, Just Put Down The Remote
One thought on “Why Transliteracy? An Introduction for Librarians – a Tech Talk with Michael Sauers”