July 26th 2010 will start Round 5 of Library Day in the Life Project.
What is the Library Day in the Life Project? well it started with this post suggesting that we blog what we do all day at work. Libraries are changing so rapidly and we all know no ones is reading books, despite what the public may think The idea being that you’re sharing an average day, so many of us don’t have an average day though so a lot of people did a week, me included. I maybe just do a day this time though, we’ll see.
If you are wondering why you should participate Meredith Farkas offers an excellent explanation of why she did. The Project has turned into a great resource for students, instructors, staff and patrons.
So how do you particpate?
- Go to the wiki
- Create a PB Wiki (pbworks?) account (it’s free)!
- Add your name, your job title (so we can see what you do at a glance) and a link to your blog.
- On the 27th start recording your day or week. It doesn’t have to be a blog post it can be photos, podcasts or videos
- Tag your posts, pictures, videos, podcasts with librarydayinthelife.
- After you’ve finished your first day come go back to the wiki and edit your link to link directly to your tagged blog posts, videos or photos.
- Of course read along!
CC image courtesy of dev null on Flickr