Introduction to Libraries and Transliteracyhttp://static.slidesharecdn.com/swf/ssplayer2.swf?doc=transliteracycilslideshare-100412062303-phpapp01&rel=0&stripped_title=introduction-to-libraries-and-transliteracy
Presented at Computers in Libraries, Monday April 13th in a session with presentations by Buffy Hamilton & Matt Hamilton (no relation)
Promised links and resources:
- Libraries and Transliteracy Blog – a group blog by Buffy Hamilton– school media specialist, Tom Ipri – academic librarian and Bobbi Newman – public librarian
- Defining Transliteracy
- Libraries and Transliteracy Slideshow
- Informing Communities: Sustaining Democracy in the Digital Age. Knight Commission on the Information Needs of Communities in a Democracy, 2009.
- Opportunity for All How the American Public Benefits from Internet Access at U.S. Libraries, Seattle Washington: Institute of Museum and Library Services, 2010.
- LITERACY for the 21st Century An Overview & Orientation Guide To Media Literacy Education, second edition Center for Media Literacy, 2008.
- Don’t Touch That Dial! A history of media technology scares, from the printing press to Facebook.
- The Six Magic Words
- How I’d Hack Your Weak Passwords