Times are tight, and likely to get tighter, if you’re looking to save money talk with your IT department. They may have some helpful solutions.
Take a look at the University of Missouri’s IT department suggestions – Technology for Tight Budges. Many of these can be used by libraries and other businesses looking to save funds.
- Investigate the Technologies Available to Stretch Your Budget
- MeetingPlace Audio/Web Conferencing
- SharePoint Online Collaboration Tools
- IT Training — In the Classroom and Online
- Captivate e-Learning Authoring Tools
- Voice over IP (VoIP)
- Go Green, IT! Power Down and Virtualize
- Server Virtualization
- Smartphone Technologies