What I saw happen yesterday – a LOT of people blogging, twittering and linking to articles about Facebook’s change to their Terms of Service. ( If you don’t know about it see links at the bottom. I’m not writing about that, 50 bagillion other people already have.)
What I didn’t see happening – a mass exodus of friends from Facebook. I hear some people are removing content, but they aren’t leaving (I’m sure someone will leave a comment pointing out people who have left)
I even asked on Twitter this morning – did you delete your account? As of writing this no one has answered yes.
What this tells me – that people are mad at Facebook, maybe even really really mad, but they aren’t mad enough to leave. Which means, that whatever they are getting from Facebook, they are willing to accept the new TOS to get it.
Now what that means is a whole different blog post. 😉
- Facebook: A lesson in power-grabbing
- Public Service Reminder 1: facebook
- Facebook: “We have never claimed ownership” of members’ content | The Industry Standard
- Wake Up to How You Share on the Web | chrisbrogan.com
- Facebook Clarifies Terms Of Service: “We Do Not Own Your Stuff Forever”
- Facebook’s New Terms Of Service: “We Can Do Anything We Want With Your Content. Forever.