The year isn’t even over and I’m already looking forward into 2009, as far forward as April! I thought before I get too caught up in what’s to come, I should take a look back at 2008. This list is more for me than you, sometimes I get so busy I forget what I’ve been up to, so I’m picking one major event from each month to remind myself of all that has happened in 2008
- January – Library Learning 2.1 kicked off
- February – cohosted a two day Web 2.0 workshop for the state library
- March – attended Kansas Library Camp
- April – Presented at a conference in England
- May – the laptops from my grant arrived enabling the library to offer new patron and staff training, starting me on a 6 months journey of patron training
- June – presented at Mobius (state consortium)
- July – I successfully start my first library meme – A Day in the Life of a Library …. takes off!
- August – cohosted a 4 day workshop on Web 2.0
- September – I brought this idea back from a vacation in Denver, we’ll be using it during our National Library Week celebrations in April 2009
- October – I am tempted to make the Mini my major event of October, but I think I’ll stick with the two presentations I did at the state library conference
- November – the presentations and workshop I did in Malaysia for the International Conference on Libraries, Information and Society,
- December – I haven’t blogged either of these yet – my proposal to start circulating MP3 players at my library is a success and an idea I brought to the Directer for fund-raising is implemented!
Categories: Chit Chat