Chrystie R. Hill led off on this session with some great examples and facts about Librarians and Libraries in networked communities.
“Big Ups” to Michael Porter who followed with a smart and funny presentation that woke me up before my 3rd cup of coffee, something that’s pretty hard to do.🙂 He showed some example Library website and the great things they are doing. Some of the ideas he showed and my thoughts about them
- Big WiFi zone button – we have WiFi? Do we advertise it on our site? I have to check. ugh I should know this
- Featured Local Artist – hey! We have an Art Gallery in our Library and we let local artist display their work, why don’t we have this?
- Survey linked from main page in an eye catching way – Topeka Shawnee – another great idea I’d love to steal, Robin have you noticed I keep adding to your “to-do” list?🙂
- A “Donate to your Library” Button right on the homepage -great idea!
- Some startling statistics, which I didn’t get written down except the last part, essentially use of almost all online tools has gone up considerably in the last 2 years, except Library websites, it’s dropped from 30% to 20% of people saying they use it. Uh-Oh! See Michael for the source of this stat