Read more about transliteracy and why it’s important:
- Bookends Scenarios Alternative futures for the Public Library Network in NSW in 2030, A project of the Library Council of New South Wales in association with the Neville Freeman Agency, 2009
- Confronting the Challenges of Participatory Culture:Media Education for the 21st Century, MIT & The MacArthor Foundation 2009.
- Creating The Digital Opportunity Investment Trust, A Proposal to Transform Learning and Training for the 21st Century, A Report to The Congress of The United States, submitted by The Digital Promise Project, 2003.
- A Global Imperative, The Report of the 21st Century Literacy Summit, The New Media Consortium, 2005
- Horizon Report 2010 Edition, New Media Consortium
- Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education, Approved by the Board of Directors of the Association of College and Research Libraries, 2000.
- Informing Communities: Sustaining Democracy in the Digital Age. Knight Commission on the Information Needs of Communities in a Democracy, 2009.
- LITERACY for the 21st Century An Overview & Orientation Guide To Media Literacy Education, second edition Center for Media Literacy, 2008.
- Museums, Libraries, and 21st Century Skills, Institute of Museum and Library Services,
- National Association for Media Literacy Education
- NCTE Framework for 21st Century Curriculum and Assessment website
- Opportunity for All How the American Public Benefits from Internet Access at U.S. Libraries, Seattle Washington: Institute of Museum and Library Services, 2010.
- Partnership for 21st Century Skills website
- Policy Recommendations on Preparing Americans for the Global Skills Race, The Partnership for 21st Century Skills, 2008
- Post Crisis : e-Skills Are Needed to Drive Europe’ s Innovation Society, Sponsored by: Microsoft, Marianne Kolding Curtis Robinson, Mette Ahorlu, November 2009,
- Principles For A New Media Literacy, Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard University, Papers 2008
- Readings, A collection of articles and chapters submitted by participants, 21st Century Literacy Summit, April 26-28, 2005, San Jose, California
- Standards for the 21st Century Learner, American Association of School Librarians
- The Future of Museums and Libraries:A Discussion Guide, Institute of Museum and Library Services
- The Future of the Internet, Pew Internet & American Life Project, 2010.
- Thriving in the 21st century: Learning Literacies for the Digital Age (LLiDA project),
- To Read or Not To Read: A Question of National Consequence, Executive Summary, National Endowment for the Arts, Research Report #47, 2007
- Transliteracy: take a walk on the wild side, 75th Ifla General Conference And Council, 23-27 August 2009
- Skills for the 21st Century Librarian
- Technology Skills for 21st Century Librarians
- Riding the Shift: On Being a Successful 21st Century Librarian
- 20 Technology Skills Every Librarian Should Have
- Technology Skills For Academic Librarians
- Technical Skills of Librarianship
- Must-Have Technology Skills for Library Staff
- Technology Core Competencies
- Library 101 Resources & Things to Know