This morning I got to deliver the keynote at Iowa Association of Research and College Libraries. I got to talk about silos and echo chambers and change some of my favorite topics!
References and Recommended Reading
- Bundred, S. (2006). Solutions to silos: joining up knowledge. Public Money and Management, 26(2), 125-130.
- Duhigg, C. (2012). The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
- Gilbert, E.; Bergstrom, T.; Karahalios, K. (2009) Blogs are Echo Chambers: Blogs are Echo Chambers. System Sciences, 2009. HICSS ’09. 42nd Hawaii International Conference on 1-10. doi: 10.1109/HICSS.2009.91
- Gladwell, M. 2006. The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference
- Heath, C., & Heath, D. (2010). Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard
- Mill, J. S., & Ashley, W. J. (1965). Principles of political economy: With some of their applications to social philosophy. New York: A. M. Kelley, bookseller.
- Newman, B. (2011, January 23). In the End I Want to be Able to Say I Contributed More Than I Criticized. Librarian by Day.
- Newman, B. (2012, June 28) Libraries are powerful partners. Librarian by Day.
- Pariser, E. (2012). The Filter Bubble: How the New Personalized Web Is Changing What We Read and How We Think
- Patterson, K. (2011). Change Anything: The New Science of Personal Success
- Rogers, E. M. (1983). Diffusion of Innovations
Sims, P. (2011). Little Bets: How Breakthrough Ideas Emerge from Small Discoveries
- Singer, N. (2011, March 28). Online Personalization Creates Echo Chamber to Affirm Biases – NYTimes.com. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/29/technology/29stream.html
- Sutton, R. Good Boss, Bad Boss: How to Be the Best… and Learn from the Worst
- Sutton, R.The No Asshole Rule: Building a Civilized Workplace and Surviving One That Isn’t
- Uzzi, B., & Dunlap, S. (2005). How to build your network. harvard business review, 83(12), 53.
- Vanderkam, L. (2012). What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast: And Two Other Short Guides to Achieving More at Work and at Home
I also created a pinterest board, if you’re into that sort of thing
- Bridging the Digital Divide – NTLP Conference
- Who do you help first?
- Libraries and Transliteracy Slideshow