Lifehacker has put together a great list of their favorite Android applications. Since I’ve been meaning to write another post about my Evo and the apps I use regularly these is a great place to start. Thanks to Polly for bringing this list to my attention
- Mint.com Personal Finance
- Dolphin Browser HD
- Facebook for Android
- Google Voice
- Twitter for Android
- update 10/12/10 I now use Seesmic for Twitter, it allows me to choose retweet style and view my lists
- update 10/18/2010 Tweetdeck is now available on Android
- Tweetcaster – allows new style retweets
- Google Maps & Navigation
- My Tracks
My additions –
- Foursquare – I used both of these when I travel
- Gowalla – I used both of these when I travel
- Google Sky Map – hold the phone up to the sky and it shows you the constellations – awesome!
- OpenTable – browse nearby restaurants and make a reservation right from your phone, even better earn reward points towards free meals.
- AppBrain App Market
- Fast Web Installer
- Astro File Manager
- Barcode Scanner
- Google Chrome to Phone and Android2Cloud
- Voice Actions / Voice Search
- Google Goggles
- Ringdroid – allows you to easily clip songs for a ringtones
- ^3 (Cubed)
- Gmote 2.0
- OverDrive Media Console for free audiobooks from your public library
- Borders eBooks – even though I used Kindle I think you should have choices
- Discovery – watch episodes of your favorite Discovery channel shows
- update 10/18/2010 favorite camera app is now Vignette, is does cost but it has some amazing effects and has a random setting so it is similar to the popular Hipstamatic on the iPhone
- update 10/12/2010 – Camera 360 has some good effects, there is a free and a paid version.
- Retro camera – does fun old-fashioned camera effects
Backup and Security
Food, Shopping, and Entertainment
- CNET Scan & Shop – scan the barcode of an item and you can see CNET editor and user reviews, online and local prices, add the item to a wish list or set up a price alert.
- ShopSavvy does essentially the same thing as the CNET but includes things that CNET doesn’t review like fingernail polish
- Fandango – local movies times
What are your favorite Android apps?
- My Favorite Tools in Ten Installments: 2. Twitter
- First Impressions of the Evo
- My 71 hours as a Palm Pre owner