This morning I participated in an webinar for the Georgia Public Library Service, Introducing Transliteracy to Libraries.
You can find the transcripts on WhattheHashTag
[Update] You can listen to the recording here.
Promised links and resources:
- Libraries and Transliteracy Blog
- Defining Transliteracy
- Libraries and Transliteracy Slideshow
- Libraries and Transliteracy Facebook Page
- Informing Communities: Sustaining Democracy in the Digital Age. Knight Commission on the Information Needs of Communities in a Democracy, 2009.
- Opportunity for All How the American Public Benefits from Internet Access at U.S. Libraries, Seattle Washington: Institute of Museum and Library Services, 2010.
- LITERACY for the 21st Century An Overview & Orientation Guide To Media Literacy Education, second edition Center for Media Literacy, 2008.
- Don’t Touch That Dial! A history of media technology scares, from the printing press to Facebook.
- How I’d Hack Your Weak Passwords
- Chronic Disease and the Internet from Pew Internet and American Life Project
- International Briefing on the U.S. National Broadband Plan
- FCC Proposes Digital Literacy Corps
- FCC’s Broadband Action Agenda Fails to Address Training and Education
- Empowering Library Users to Work with Digital Media
- Librarians Play a Vital Role in 21st Century Literacies
- Transliteracy is 3D
- Transliterate Divide – Working Definition
- Libraries need to focus on transliteracy
- KLA Libraries and Transliteracy Presentation
- Libraries and Transliteracy at Computers in Libraries #cil2010
- Libraries in a Transliterate, Technology Fluent World #intlib10