Yes I let Janie talk me into this, what was I thinking? lol
Battledecks represent the ultimate challenge for a public speaker as they are challenged to give a coherent presentation based on hand-selected, seemingly unrelated slides that they see for the very first time live on stage. This competition, often referred to as “PowerPoint Karaoke,”, will see eight brave and willing participants compete for the glory of being crowned ALA’s reigning Battledecks champion.
The participants will face judgment from a panel of four judges, with the winner to be determined based on a variety of criteria and general overall awesomeness. Hilarity, along with some learning, is guaranteed for all!
Defenders of a title:
- Michael Porter (Battledecks champion from Internet Librarian 2009)
- Andromeda Yelton (Battledecks co-champion from ALA MW 2010)
- JP Procaro (Battledecks Champ from Pres4Lib)
- Bobbi Newman (Battledecks co-champion from ALA MW 2010)
Contenders for the title:
Event and Prizes sponsored by American Libraries and The Learning Round Table
- ALA Battledecks 2010 The Rumble Royale Videos #ala10
- Be There or Be Square, Things of Note at #ALA11
- ALA Conference Survival Tips #ala10