Using Evernote to Track Online Reputation

I shared this tip with a friend yesterday and he suggested more people might like to be aware of it.

Use Evernote* to clip online feedback about you.  If you are mentioned in a meaningful way in a tweet, blog post, article or whatever, clip it.  Create a new folder in Evernote just for this these clips, call it “reputation” or “feedback” or whatever.  When someone sends you an email, create a new note for it and store it with the pertinent information.  You have an easily searchable resource.

If the warm fuzzy feeling that storing good things people say about you doesn’t convince you think of the other ways you can use these clips.

• tenure
  • annual review
  • bio padding
  • quotes about your awesomeness
  • to cheer you up on bad days

* Evernote it is a tool that allows you to  save ideas, things you see, and things you like.  You can use it as a cloud tool, desktop app and there are apps for a number of smartphones. It really is awesome.

9 comments for “Using Evernote to Track Online Reputation

1. joe
    May 20, 2010 at 3:19 pm

a wonderful way to use evernote. i’m a proud premium user, and use it all day, every day.

• May 20, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Joe – I love Evernote, but I know I’m not using it to its full potential by any means

2. May 20, 2010 at 3:21 pm

I do this already :) I have a notebook called ‘portfolio’ where I clip nice things, positive feedback tweets, the occasional interview, and media coverage I’ve secured for my charity. Nice to know I’m not the only one!

3. May 20, 2010 at 3:51 pm

Now I just need to get people to say nice things about me.

4. Dan
    June 1, 2010 at 4:16 am

If you’d like a tool for managing your time and projects, and that syncs with Evernote, you can use this web-application inspired by David Allen’s GTD:

You can use it to manage and prioritize your goals, projects and tasks, set next actions and contexts, use checklists, schedules and a calendar.
    Comes with a mobile version too, and with an Android app.

5. October 11, 2010 at 9:04 pm

This is a good post. Another thing you might think about is using a scanner with evernote. I recently got one and LOVE the combination of evernote and scansnap together. I blogged about it here http://s1500-scanner.com/ and put up a video of how I use them together. Enjoy!