My personally selected top 10 from the links I shared on Twitter from 4/23/2010 thru 4/29/2010
3.Texting and cellphones being used successfully in fight against malaria via @dmlcentral – love stories about tech being used to save lives
Using a mix of text messages, Google Maps and cloud software, organizers of a pilot program backed by IBM, Novartis and Vodafone believe they saved hundreds of lives in a few short months on the malaria-wracked African continent. Simply by tracking inventory in remote areas with greater efficiency, the anti-malaria groups were able to increase the chances that any given clinic would have life-saving medicine on hand by 300 percent.
- Have a bunch of good runs before the sun sets.
- Be remarkable.
- Success is a skill.
- Being the best is the best place to be.
- Be missed.
- Everybody is an expert about something.
- Success is a hierarchy.
- Don’t do A as a calculated tactic to get B.
- Be in it for the long haul.
- Quit the right things and lean into the right Dips.
- Decide if you’re a freelancer or entrepreneur.
- It’s like walking through a maze.
- Everyone is not your customer.
- Feed, grow, and satisfy the tribe.
- Small is the new big.
- Find the new scarce
- It’s the FREE PRIZE INSIDE. ”
- The third century is about ideas.
- Spread your ideas.
- Don’t wait for perfect.
- Don’t get paid to alter your behavior.
- The goal of reading is to choose what to change.
- The world changes whether you like it or not.
- The game of marketing has changed.
- Feed, grow, and satisfy your business.
“Digital literacy is more than having the knowledge of how to use a computer, what your software program does, what function or understanding how the hardware of your computer works. Digital literacy is also about using that knowledge to actually facilitate the learning process.” – Clarissa Myrick-Harris, director of the UNCF’s Curriculum and Faculty Enhancement Program.