I had the honor of presenting about Libraries and Transliteracy at the Kansas Library Association today. Thank you to Beta Phi Mu for bringing me in! As promised here is my presentations and links.
- Informing Communities: Sustaining Democracy in the Digital Age. Knight Commission on the Information Needs of Communities in a Democracy, 2009.
- Opportunity for All How the American Public Benefits from Internet Access at U.S. Libraries, Seattle Washington: Institute of Museum and Library Services, 2010.
- LITERACY for the 21st Century An Overview & Orientation Guide To Media Literacy Education, second edition Center for Media Literacy, 2008.
- Don’t Touch That Dial! A history of media technology scares, from the printing press to Facebook.
- The Six Magic Words
- Libraries and Transliteracy Blog
- Defining Transliteracy
- Libraries and Transliteracy Slideshow
- Libraries and Transliteracy at Computers in Libraries #cil2010
- Introducing Transliteracy Georgia Public Library Service & Georgia Library Association
- Digital Literacy: It’s About More Than Access