My title is Digital Branch Manager, I work for system that serves 4 counties with 8 branches (9 counting mine).
In the morning before work with coffee in hand I turn on my PC to check Facebook, Twitter & my gmail account.
I see a trackback to my transliteracy page so I check out the post, Sunday Night Ponderance from Andy Woodworth. I leave a comment with my 2 cents and resolve to finish the new transliteracy slideshow by the end of the week so I can post it next Monday.
I proof read my post on the echo chamber, set to publish later in the day.
First thing I do at work is review my notes from last Friday and create the day’s to-do list.
I then proceed to:
- update the website including adding job seekers page, created by staff
- hand out monkeys
- email director about borrowing her nook to make videos on using ebooks
- check on day in the life – wow! holy hash tag on twitter!
- work on Kiwanis club presentation for Tuesday. 15 minutes to talk about digital services.
- answer a lot of emails
- sketch out plans to do screen-casts of downloading Overdrive ebooks & eaudiobooks
- turn in an invoice to be paid
At 3:30 I’m driven home by terrible headache blame attempts to kick my diet pepsi habit. I rest until 6:30 then time to get back to it. I put the tea kettle on and:
- check gmail, answer & send emails
- response to blog comments
- peruse #libday4 tag on twitter, realize so many people are participating there is no way I can keep up and respond to all of them.
- looked a pool on flickr
- looked at Davids post on foursquare. Realize despite having no interest in anyone knowing exactly where I am ever, I should check it out. I sign up for an account and install it on my Pre. It can’t find my location. awesome. I give up and get back to work on my presentation for Kiwanis.
- chat with another libraryland person about the connection between place of employment and personal blogs.
- chat with a different person about upcoming interview & give what tips I can
- text back and forth with yet another person about transliteracy
At 10 I turn off the computer and phone and put in some down time before bed.
- Library Day in the Life Tuesday Day 4
- Thursday part 2 – a day in the life of a libarian
- Day 2 in the Life of a Librarian #libday4