Thinking about an ebook reader? Concerned about ebooks and privacy? Just curious? The EFF’s E-Book Buyer’s Guide to Privacy v1.1 has answers to questions like
- Can they monitor what you’re reading?
- Is the device ONLY compatible with books purchased from an associated eBook store?
- Can they keep track of book searches?
- Can they keep track of book purchases?
- With whom can they share the information collected in non-aggregated form?
- Can they share information outside the company without the customer’s consent?
- Do they lack mechanisms for customers to access, correct, or delete the information?