1. Your One Sentence Bio
- I’m not that kind of librarian.
2. Do you blog? If yes, how did you come up with your blog name?
- It’s a reference to Barbara Gordon and the all the non-traditional roles librarians fill these days.
3. What is your professional background?
- I’ve worked in libraries since I was 16. Before I got my MLS I worked with engineers, and my first job after graduating was working with engineers, for some of you this may explain a lot.
4. What training do you do? staff? patrons? types of classes?
- staff, patron, other libraries that ask me to, A wide range of subjects – reference in the digital age, social media, web 2.0, gaming, time management, tech tools etc
5. What training do you think is most important to libraries right now
- We need to step up staff training, every staff member should feel comfortable offering basic assistance with any service or technology the library offers.
6. Where do you get your training?
- Anywhere I can! conferences, webinars, colleagues
7. How do you keep up?
- my feed reader, Twitter and Facebook
8. What do you think are the biggest challenges libraries are facing right now?
- shifting our foundations so change is easier and faster
9. What are biggest challenges for trainers?
- short of staff, time, money and in some cases the unwillingness of trainees
10. What exciting things are you doing training wise?
- We have a gadget garage that the FIT (Future Innovation & Technology) Committee is working with to help staff become familiar with new tools, investigate potential new services and circulation to patrons.
11. What do you wish were you doing?
- more training for everyone
12. What would you do with a badger?
- feed it chocolate cake
13. What’s your favorite food?
14. If you were stranded on an island, what one thing would you want to have with you?
- another person
15. Do you know what happens when a grasshopper kicks all the seeds out of a pickle?
16. Post it notes or the back of your hand?
- used to be back of the hand, but was told it was unprofessional, now I carry a notebook or use my smartphone
17. Windows or Mac?
- windows by default not by thought out choice
18. Talk about one training moment you’d like to forget?
19. What’s your take on handshakes?
- firm is a must
20) Global warming: yes or no
21. How did you get into this line of work?
- by luck & love
22. Why is the best part of your job?
- making a difference, see “it” click whatever “it” is
23. Why should someone else follow in your shoes?
- I’m going to have to agree with Pete on this one – blaze your own trail
24. Sushi or hamburger?
25. LSW or ALA?
26. What one person in the world do you want to have lunch with and why?
- Barack Obama I heard him speak when he was campaigning and it was amazing, I’d just like to have a conversation with him
27. What cell phone do you have and why?
- Palm Pre – Sprint gave it to me. I hate it, I’m on my 3rd one. Don’t buy one.
Read responses from the rest of the crew:
- “C is for Challenge” at “T is for Training” - Laura
- Me. Coffee. Morning. - Jill T is for Training Meme – Beth
- Pete Bromberg’s 23 things (minus 3): A getting to know ya post
- A Get to Know Me Meme from TIFT – Stephanie
- 27 Questions - Marianne
- Library Finds Group on Flickr
- How I Became a Librarian
- Have you submitted your photo or video for Library 101 yet?