Yes it’s that time again, time to start thinking about participating in the Library Day in the Life Project. Will you blog, Twitter, take photos, or show video? or some combination of all?
For those of you not familiar with the project in a nutshell library works of all types document a day or a week of their work life. You can check out the original blog post, my explanation of why I do it, or the wiki for more info.
Due to the high number of participants in July 2009 I’ve made some changes to the wiki hopefully will create a little order for those trying to follow along. I moved the previous list off the front page to its own page. I created a new page for Round 4 January 2010 and added a number column to the table.
I also made some changes to the format based on my observations from the last round.
- Include your job title & type of library in your blog post or video to help readers
- For the Twitters a hash tag for #libday4 (if you have a better one let me know, speak now or forever hold your peace).
Round 4 of the Library Day in the Life Project will begin on January 25th 2010. Any one who works in a library can participate. You may share your day (or week) on your blog, Twitter, Flickr and/or YouTube (or any other way you choose. If you have none of these don’t worry, just create a new page in the wiki and post your day there. Once you decided on your format(s)
- Create a PB Wiki account (it’s free)!
- Add your name, your job title (so we can see what you do at a glance) and a link to your blog, Twitter, Flickr and/or YouTube account to the wiki.
- Start capturing your day.
- Include your job title and the type of library you work in at the beginning of your post.
- Include a link back to the wiki
- Bloggers, Flickr & YouTube users tag your posts with librarydayinthelife. Twitters use the #libday4
- After your first post come back and edit this page to change your blog link to a link to your tagged posts. please link directly to your day in the life post(s) and not to your blog in general.
- Add your Flickr photos or videos to the Group on Flickr
Check out posts from some of the previous participants
- Library Trainer
- Lauren’s Library Blog
- Web Chicken
- The Civil Librarian
- Kirsten 2.0
- ellie <3 libraries
- A day in the life… cybrgrl’s photolog
- Attempting Elegance
- Life as I Know It
- Eclectic Librarian
- Librarian’s Matter
- Grumpator’s Day in the Life
- Desert Librarian
- A Day in the life of a Gadabout Library Trainer
- effing librarian
- Library Garden
- The Animated Librarian
- DIY Librarian
- The Technological Tortoise
- Tech from the Non-Techie’s Youtube videos for Day in the Life
- I’m New Here
- The Library, Art, Coffee & Parenting
- When I Grow Up I Want To Be A Librarian
- lyndamk-Lynda’s Librarian Life
- Agnostic, Maybe
- Kaite’s Book Shelf
- Connecting Librarian
- Tom Roper’s Weblog
- Amy’s Library Instruction Blog
- Panorama of the Mountains
- Clari’s Blog
- Swiss Army Librarian
- meLISsa BLOG
- Bend in the Road
- Day in the Life of David Lee King, Take Two
- Information Wants to be Free
- Not All Bits
- Stuart Benjamin’s Blog
- Library Day in the Life Round 6 Begins January 24th 2011
- Round 5 of Library Day in the Life!
- Reflecting on Library Day in the Life #libday6