David Lee King knows a lot about digital service, he’s the Digital Branch Manager at the Topeka Shawnee Library (and an author and a speaker). If you are interested in digital services and aren’t already reading David’s blog, add it to your feedreader right now, go on, I’ll wait.
This wee he shared his Digital Branch Style Guide and it’s definitely worth passing around. He covers
- General Guidelines for Blog Posts
- Featured Section
- Comments – What to do with them
- Creating a “Voice”
- How Can I Get a Conversation Started?
- I have a suggestion/problem. What do I do with it?
- Staff Responsibilities
- Change is coming – a new job for me
- New Tumblr Blog – Librarian by Day Notebook
- Using WordPress for Bibliographies or Readers Advisory Sites