As of writing this (10:30 am central time 7/19/08 ) there are over 30 people signed up on the wiki (thank you again Lori for having the smarts to make one!) I hope this can be an ongoing project with new people continuing to sign up and maybe people who participated now can do it again.
I’ve read some really great posts and I’m not even though them all yet. I do have to point out somone who took a different approach to the Project.
One of the other Librarians at MPOW has agreed to do a series of guest posts about her week July 28th – August 1st. She is our Collection Development Librarian, so you’ll be getting a completely different view of my work place.
Some information that probably should have been included in my first post – My job title and what it means. I’m the Digital Services Librarian at the Missouri River Regional Library, a public library in the Midwest serving about 85,000 people. So what does that mean? You’ve seen from the posts what I do some days, here is a more official run down of my duties
- Identify, investigate, and use emerging technology to enable easy access to information
- Anticipate changing community needs and interests
- Participate in the creation and provision of information in digital media formats
- Support online learning
- Enhance the effectiveness of library information and instructional services
- Explore new technologies for delivering services and information
- Train staff and the public in new technologies for delivering services and information
- Act as manager on nights and weekends to address patron concerns and issues
- Provide reference and reader’s advisory services
- Serve on various committees for the improvement of patron and staff services
- Select materials and managed funds designated for subject selection
This post is part of The Day in the Life project, if you’re interested in reading more please visit the wike or if you’re interested in documenting your own day, please add your name and blog.
- 2nd Annual Library Day in the Life Project
- Day (Week) in the Life of a Library _____ Round 2 begins Monday!
- Library Day in the Life Round 4, January 2010