Chad Boeninger presented about Adapting Library Services to the Needs of Gamers the first half of this session. I found this really interesting, even though I am a gamer I’d never really thought about the differences between gamers and non-gamers. For example:
- game encourage decision making, interaction, and imerision.
- Gamers learn by doing, if they try something and it fails they will try another way, there is no one right way to achieve your goal
- games teach problem solve skills and team work
- games are hard, perseverance pays off
So how do we reach these people?
- Games, Gaming and Libraries
- Micro Interactions, Conversations, & Customers: Sweet Tweet Strategies
- TedX Atlanta Re:solve